Welcome to Lewisville.
Lewisville Baptist Church in Moncton, New Brunswick is seeking to fill a Lead Pastor role. Upon the retirement of our current Senior Pastor in June, 2021, we're looking for a dynamic young leader to help lead our growing church and staff team. Here you'll find a video introduction to our church and ministry, a detailed outline of the job and its responsibilities, some links to learn more about our church and our area, and an opportunity to express interest in the position. Have a look around and feel free to reach out if you or someone you know might be interested!
JOB SPEC - SENIOR/LEAD PASTOR
THE BIG IDEA
Our Lead Pastor enables and inspires our staff and church family to show love, share life, and serve together with grace. The Lead Pastor sets the tone for our culture, curates our vision, shepherds our leaders, and oversees our ministry.
Our Lead Pastor is responsible to ensure the execution of the ministry of Lewisville Baptist Church in pursuit of the vision and mission of Lewisville Baptist Church guided by the values of Lewisville Baptist Church.
• Communicator – You are an exceptional storyteller, messenger, and conversationalist.
• Teacher - You are passionate, skilled, and gifted in helping others engage with scripture.
• Evangelist - You can’t help but share vision, inspire action, and infuse purpose.
• Builder - You’re always inviting people into the fold, onto teams, and up to their potential.
• Leader - You are an example, an encourager, a mentor and coach.
• Strategist - You are systematic in pursuit of mission and vision.
• Dreamer - You love to ask “What if?”
• Healthy - You model good boundaries, protect your family, submit to accountability, and prioritize your walk with God.
• Team Player - You’d rather share, co-operate, and see others flourish than go it alone.
• Directly accountable to and works alongside the board to shepherd the overall mission and ministry of the church.
• Meets regularly with board and lead teams.
• Oversees staff:
- Supervises staff in goal-setting, accountability, productivity, and culture.
- Disciples staff by shepherding spiritual development.
- Conducts regular intentional staff meetings and contributes to a positive staff culture.
- Responsible for human resources issues related to staff.
• Strategizes major initiatives, vision and mission alongside staff and board.
• Assumes overall responsibility for ministry and culture of the church at large.
• Delivers consistent, timely, and engaging Biblical teaching as scheduled.
• Communicates important and consistent vision and values messages.
• Works with treasurer, administrator, and lead team to manage budget.
• Shepherds and co-ordinates care.
• Identifies and develops leaders.
• Maintains a consistent presence in person and online
• Pursues personal, spiritual, and professional development
• Officiates weddings and funerals as needed
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE WINNING
• House Churches are thriving, and more are being added regularly.
• Lewisvillers are regularly serving their community through practical expressions of love.
• Sunday worship experiences are vibrant, growing, impactful and excellent.
• People are regularly pursuing relationships with Jesus, baptism, and care groups.
• Volunteer teams are robust and new leaders are consistently emerging.
• Stress is low, and spirits are high.
• People are caring for one another.
• Staff is laughing together often.
• Budgets are being met and exceeded.
• Students are an important part of all aspects of church life.
• The church is singing.
• Good stories are everywhere.
• Grace is everywhere.
• Kids are everywhere.
• Church is everywhere.
HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE QUALIFIED
• You are philosophically aligned with Lewisville’s mission, vision and values.
• You share a heart and mind with Lewisville’s theology.
• Your character stands up to the scrutiny of Timothy and Titus.
• You fulfill the duties and qualifications of membership at Lewisville.
• You have a proven record of spiritual maturity.
• You have a proven record of relevant church ministry experience.
• You have relevant post-secondary education – minimum bachelor’s degree (preferred masters) in biblical or Christian studies or related field.
• You have an impressive cheering squad of relevant references
• You have a proven ability to lead teams and organizations
• You have a proven ability to teach and communicate at a high level
• You are technologically competent and culturally aware
• You are open to ordination within CBAC.
• 40 hours/week, Sunday-Thursday
• Some evenings and weekends will be necessary, personal time-management and healthy rhythm is encouraged (see Employee Handbook)